Following Implant Treatment
- Please continue taking your prescribed medication as instructed.
- You have been given anti-inflammatory medication to help control post-operative swelling. To assist this medication, place ice pack on surgical area for 15 minutes on, then 15 minutes off. Continue this for the first 2 to 4 hours.
- Stay on a soft food diet for the first week following surgery.
- It is important to keep the area clean. You may brush lightly in the area unless instructed otherwise. For the first few days rinse your mouth out after brushing with 1-teaspoon salt in a glass of warm water.
- Some swelling may appear for the first few days following surgery. This is normal and should go away in about 7 – 10 days.
- Be extremely careful when cleaning the surgical site so as not to disturb the sutures. If sutures do become dislodged before your next appointment, please call the office immediately.
- Please limit your physical activity for the first 24 hours following surgery. Any physical activity increases blood pressure, which in turn pumps more blood into the area and increases the likelihood of swelling.
Congratulations! You are well on your way to better dental health by electing to have Dental Implants. We are pleased that you are as committed to high quality dentistry as we are and it is our privilege to provide this service for you. Please call us if you have any questions regarding your surgery or healing. We care about you and want you to be as comfortable as possible.
Our Atascocita Office
All New Smile
Chris D. Csengery, DDS
19211 W. Lake Houston Parkway
Atascocita, TX 77346