Following Root Canal Therapy
- Root canal therapy can take 1, 2 or 3 appointments depending on each case. It is possible to experience any of the following symptoms after any one of these appointments: sensitivity to hot and/or cold; sensitivity to pressure; possible swelling.
- It is difficult to predict which symptoms, if any, you may experience and to what extent. In complicated cases, pain medication may be necessary.
- If you experience any swelling, call our office; it may be necessary to prescribe an antibiotic for you.
- A temporary filling may be used to seal the tooth between visits. This material may chip away before you return; if this is uncomfortable for you call our office and we will replace it.
- Be gentle on the tooth while eating until the final restoration is placed.
- During root canal therapy the nerve, blood and nutrient supply to the tooth and some hard tooth is removed. This causes the tooth to become brittle and prone to fracture. In most cases a crown is needed to prevent this from happening.
Congratulations! You are well on your way to better dental health by electing to have Root Canal therapy. We are pleased that you are as committed to high quality dentistry as we are and it is our privilege to provide this service for you. Please call us if you have any questions regarding your surgery or healing. At our practice we care about you and want you to be as comfortable as possible.
Our Atascocita Office
All New Smile
Chris D. Csengery, DDS
19211 W. Lake Houston Parkway
Atascocita, TX 77346